You are here
Anything having to do with the code4lib 2007 conference to be held in Athens, Georgia, Feb 28 through Mar 2.
The Conference Schedule links to pages for each talk as well as to a Lightning Talk page, which has links to presentation slides and video when they are available.
code4lib 2007 is...
- building on the great success of code4lib 2006!
- a loosely structured camp/conference for library technologists to commune, gather/create/share ideas and software, be inspired, and forge collaborations
- an outgrowth of the Access HackFest, wrapped into a conference-ish format by the folks in #code4lib
- being planned using an ancient asynchronous messaging protocol and this site
- open to all interested people/organizations for both planning and participation
- 28 February - 2 March 2007
- (27 February Lucene/Solr pre-conference)
- Conference Schedule
- Check out the incredible line-up in the Conference Schedule. Notice all of the opportunities to give a five-minute talk during one of the Lightning Talks sessions, sign-ups will happen at the conference.
- The Georgia Center has a hotel attached, and rooms are blocked off for the conference that can be reserved at the time of registration. Update:The Georgia Center hotel is now fully booked, try other hotels nearby.
- Accommodation Sharing Notices
- Types of Activites and Programs
- Keynotes - 45 minutes, talks from the farthernmost reaches of library software development where significant real work is getting done. To provide an opportunity to see where they are up close, to learn details of their implementation choices, to hear about the challenges they're facing and how those might scale/translate to the rest of us.
- Prepared talks - 20 minutes, which must center on "tools" (some kick-ass new software library or integration platform), "specs" (how to get the most out of some protocols, or proposals for new ones), or "challenges" (Some Big Problem we should collectively address). We will evaluate proposals on criteria of geekiness, usefulness, newness, and diversity of topics.
- Lightning talks - 5 minutes, those interested sign up on a wiki that opens at the start of the conference. *Hard* 5 minute limit... at 4 minutes the next person gets up and starts attaching their screen, and somebody keeps a hard count.
- Breakouts - People interested in the same project/problem can hang out in a space together for 60-90 minute blocks. Somebody near to the project/problem can coordinate discussion, set up hackers, tackle a challenge session topic, etc. Larger groups will get separate space, smaller groups can just spread out in the larger conference room space.
- Planning Group
- The planning group includes dozens of members of the code4lib community. If you want to get involved please join the email discussion list.
Email your permission to be recorded