HTML5 Microdata and Schema.org
- Jason Ronallo, North Carolina State University Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
code4lib 2012, Tuesday 7 February 2012, 11:20-11:40
When the big search engines announced support for HTML5 microdata and the schema.org vocabularies, the balance of power for semantic markup in HTML shifted.
- What is microdata?
- Where does microdata fit with regards to other approaches like RDFa and microformats?
- Where do libraries stand in the worldview of Schema.org and what can they do about it?
- How can implementing microdata and schema.org optimize your sites for search engines?
- What tools are available?